The bathroom is a space in the home, which goes beyond its original intention of private hygiene. Aside from the bedroom, it is regarded as another place in the house that one finds solace and comfort in. If you like going to a spa for the relaxing ambiance that it offers, then, a modern bathroom design suits your tastes just fine. There are plenty of bathroom furniture, fixtures, lighting systems, stones, tiles, accent pieces and upscale amenities that can transform any bathroom into a modern spa-like bathroom that is tranquil and soothing to body and thoughts.
If you find modern bathrooms charming and fit for the interior of a fashionable home and you are motivated to build one, what are some of the things to remember in creating the ambiance a modern bathroom design of your fantasy? First, the current trends are obviously influenced by green and environment-friendly resources. Here are some ideas and the current trends towards modern bathroom interiors that are good to integrate in your bathrooms.
1. Vast, light, and minimalist – these are some of the important attributes of a contemporary bathroom. Modern bathrooms are generally spacious with the amenities and furniture sparse, with clean lines, straightforward and functional. Some of these as well as accent pieces may appear unique in its patterns and designs but functionality remains to be the core at which the design is anchored. The space is airy because of the space, the lights, and the reflections of mirrors, glass, and other bathroom blings.
2. Modern bathrooms are inclined towards green and eco-friendly materials that are inspired by natural palette and materials. There is a strong liking for bamboo and woods; and natural stones like slate, marble and granites. The colors are patterned from neutral earth colors such as soft sky blue, forest greens, natural woods, and stone grays. However, accents are in effervescent colors splashed with control and minimalism in order not to overpower the appeal of natural resources and colors.
3. Functionality is underscored by water and energy saving features among the popular and top choices. This emphasizes how people are getting smarter, environment conscious, and educated about relevant matters especially the practical needs in terms of cost and protection of the natural world. Showerheads and faucets with water-saving features and toilets that flush less water and priced competitively are fast rising in terms of preference. Low-toxicity paints, floorings finished with wood, bamboo and natural stones.
4. Aside from the popularity of bamboo and natural stones, tiles remain to be popular because it can be cheaper but with a wide variety of finishes, sizes and colors. Border and accent tiles can serve as the most effective breaks in the use of monochromatic tiles in bog space. Thus, many kinds of ambiance can be supported by using tiles including modern bathroom design.
5. Modern bathrooms cannot be complete without the contemporary showers that have come a long way in both function and design. Imagine a walk-in shower with multiple showerheads that hit the body with stream of water from virtually all angles including spinal and foot massaging water jets. Modern showerheads come in a wide array of choices including the low-flow green designs.
6. Extend the energy and water conservation efforts further by investing on other environment-friendly materials such as showers with built-in lights to complete the ambiance and the experience. Use of glass rather than shower curtains and fabrics make the entire area light and fresh. Keeping the cabinets open and airy, limiting the accents to a few impressive pieces, and making the space uncluttered all contribute to the functionality of the modern bathroom.
7. Seal the modernity and updated look of a bathroom with the use of modern aesthetic and elegant fixtures – sinks, faucets and other hardware, vanities and accent pieces. Hunt down accent pieces made of stainless steel, chrome, nickel and other modern metals. Look for unique mirrors that have the slant towards spa-feel. Consider big windows as natural ventilation and source of natural lights.
After a day’s hard work, one can’t help it but look forward to a home that offers to melt all the stresses away with a relaxing bath. With a modern bathroom design typical of a spa in one’s home, can you ask for anything better?