I am a dress and skirt person, if there’s such a thing called as is. I am more comfortable wearing than I would jeans even in winter. I just have to pair them with over-the-knee boots and I’m good. In summer knee-length dresses are my picks. In this photo, Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) shows us that one need not wear tight-hugging or sexy party dress to look gorgeous. Donning a light petrol, simple knee-length shirt dress matched with light-sienna toe-pumps lined with the same color of her dress.
Well, it’s given that Yvonne is already stunning so anything she chooses to wear will flatter. Here are some rules to keep in mind when picking a dress.
- Acknowledge your body type and wear dresses accordingly.
- Tight, short sleeves and breast pockets will not flatter your figure.
- With seam lines, belts, bows, and collars, the torso can look shorter or slimmer.
- Classic: thicker vertical lines lengthens and slims while horizontal line make you look thicker.
- Dresses made of thinner fabrics make you look slimmer.
- Wear dresses that fit. Wearing them are too tight will make you look you can’t breath anymore or will show those not so lovely flabs but wearing too big dresses will make you look bigger.